I was getting slightly irritated with the old layout of myScoop and decided enough was enough. After a few hours of messing around and some help from Bonita, I managed to come up with the current “cleaner” look and feel. I’m sure you will agree , it looks a hell of a lot more professional.
On another note, myScoop.co.za has reached a PageRank™ of 3, which means that if you’re article is mentioned on the front page, that link juice is sent directly to your blog.
– Fresher cleaner look.
– Added the Latest and Popular articles to the front page.
– Auto correct functionality for incorrectly inputted RSS feed locations when adding a new blog.
– Blog address validation when adding a new blog.
– Increased security measures.
– Increased speed of all functionality.
– Overall better functionality for posting articles to twitter. The current most non-tweeted popular article gets tweeted, this is an ongoing function that loops every 30 minutes.
– Popular article tag cloud installed. This is a global representation of the most popular unique tags from every article fetched.
– Top30 (month & day) blogs on front page for better exposure.
– “More” link on each article to provide the shortened URI for that article as well as let the user have the ability to share the article on Twitter of Facebook.
– “Monthly Reach” and “Todays Reach” added to the blog page. This is a percentage of tracked unique visitors your blog is receiving compared to the overall number of unique visitors myScoop is recording for all registered blogs.
Until the next update, I hope you are enjoying the functionality that myScoop offers and as always, if you have any comments and/or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to send and email (nickduncan.sa @ gmail.com ) or simply leave a comment below.