Its been quite some time that I’ve been wanting to develop a WordPress widget for myScoop users. I have finally put something together. Once activated, this plugin will let you be able to select a Widget to display on your blog. This Widget will automatically connect to myScoop and display your blogs rank history for the past 14 days.
Some background information:
- The plugin comes packaged with the source for Open Flash charts.
- The widget connects to myScoop to retrieve a data file and displays information relevant to your DOMAIN.
- This could potentially be a very processor-intensive widget for myScoop (not your blog). Therefore I am looking at creating a cache file with your blog’s rank information for less server stress and quicker display on your side. This will be available in the next version.
- There are currently no configurable settings for this widget. Simply install and activate – Once activated the widget will be available for use.
- In future versions I would like to let the user be able to select whether or not they would like to display the graph or their current rank within myScoop.
Before officially releasing this I would need to do some testing and stability checks. Are there any bloggers that would be willing to help with this? All I would need from you is to install the plugin and give me feedback on any bugs or errors that you find, as well as any suggestions.