I’ve been feverishly working on my new startup, PingPong. It’s a website uptime and performance monitoring tool that sends you an SMS and Email as soon as your website goes down.
I believe this tool to be absolutely vital for any online business, agencies, and e-commerce websites. If you’re making money via a website or have a strong online presence it’s essential to reduce the amount of time your website is offline. It’s inevitable that your site will go down but knowing when it happens allows you to act quicker and get your site operational again. Hence the reason for creating PingPong.
PingPong is a site monitoring tool that:
- Alerts you via SMS & email when your website(s) go down
- Provides performance metrics
- Provides error logs to help you debug your website downtime
There’s a few benefits of having such a tool:
- If you’re in ecommerce and you’re site goes down, you obviously lose money.
- If you are running AdWords campaigns and your site goes down, all your ads run the risk of being disapproved.
- If you’re an agency, it’s helpful to know that a client’s site is down before they know. This allows you to act quicker.
PingPong is still very new and there is a host of features I plan on releasing over the next few months:
- Automatic weekly/monthly reports (emailed to you)
- Better, more modern user interface
- More “checks” (such as checking if your mail server is up, checking if your MySQL server is up, etc)
- Public page (allow others to see your downtime and performance reports)
I’d love to hear your thoughts on my new startup.